- means bug fix
- means new feature
Version 2.0 (Dec-04)
- Adapted to new output of album version (>= 3.0)
- Have changed to I/O convention of new version
- Check for presence of .album.conf in home directory. If it is not there, the programm resommends to start album manually once.
- Filter out "Remove unused" messages so that they do not show up as error messages
- Added "-no_save_conf" because saving the configuration does not make
sense when using TKAlbum. Well, one could store the setting in the
album directory and load from there ... but this is a larger change.
- Added "-add" for all local calls that are not done in the root directory.
This is safe and does the intended thing.
- Added a new album option field called "Free option string".
This can be used for all the new options which have not been integrated into TKAlbum yet.
Version 1.02b (13-Apr-03)
- There were two incompatabilities with Tcl/Tk 8.3
(pointed out by Carsten Bartels)
- The Sort functions did not work
(also pointed out by Carsten Bartels)
Version 1.02 (8-Apr-03)
- The optional fconvert script screwed up on
pictures with pathnames containing blanks.
- Sometimes, an "internal error" was reported, which
was a minor glitch only.
- Renaming files and directories did not work any
longer since 1.0.
- The foreground color for the message fields is changed to black
again. Under Tcl/Tk 8.4 it became a light grey making it very hard to read.
- The external viewer function has been changed:
Now the list of selected
files or, if no item is selected, all files in a album, are given to
the viewer program allowing for a slide show
- The external viewer options have been simplifies and xzgv
is now the
default choice for the viewer.
- New option: Always copy captions - copies the picture captions
(perhaps generating a new caption files)
even if the destination is not inside the album
- New operation: Album upload -
copies all files necessary for
an upload to a specified directory
- Adapted to album version 2.45
Version 1.01c (31-Jan-03)
- Determining the host name could break tkalbum and
leave stale lock files (-- thanks to Jeff Jordan for pointing this out)
- Switched image_sizes on by
default since it is necessary for a few themes.
- The directory naming convention has been adapted
to the new album rules. Now you can have an entry
". :: name" in the caption.txt file (this requires album 2.43).
Note, however, that the name can only be set in the super album.
- The new album options theme_url and
just_medium have been integrated (one also needs new versions
of the theme files and of album (Version 2.44))
Version 1.0 (21-Jan-03)
- Documentation converted to HTML
- Installation simplified: Now there exist RPMs for
TKAlbum, album and jhead.
Version 0.10 (14-Jan-03)
- On a shared file system, lock files might have been considered
as stale, although they were simply belonging to a process
on another host
- Directory and file names with blanks in it caused trouble
(this was a bug introduced in 0.9)
- The number of internally cached images can now be controlled
using the View option Internal cache size. The default
is 100, corresponding to 75-100 MB of main memory.
- There is now the possibility of caching the previews
externally, which makes previewing much faster. The maximum
size for each picture is 0.5 MB. Therefore it is safe to set
the maximum number of cached preview files to 400 (<200 MB).
- Tighter control of the trash bin. Now the number of images
and albums in the trash bin is monitored and always adjusted
to meet the maximum.
- When a directory is selected, the file size field shows
the number of images and albums in this directory
- New albums are created as the last entry and not as the first
- New options:
- under View options: Show hidden directories (default on)
- New File Option: Warning before multiple deletions. If this
option is enabled while the option Warning before each
deletion is disabled, then deletion warnings are only given
if more than one object is going to be deleted
- New File option: Warning when addressing an internal
directory. If this option is enabled, a warning is given when
one attempts to move a file to or opens one of the internal
directories that are used to save pictures or to cache
Version 0.9 (21-Dec-02)
- The caption of the first image loaded after
doing directory operations was not read
from the caption file.
- Better treatment of filenames starting with dashes.
They can now be copied, deleted, renamed and previewed.
It is now also possible to ignore such files by setting a
- When downloading from the camera is aborted, the directory
was not rescanned.
Version 0.8 (02-Dec-02)
- Under SuSE 8.1, there was a problem with Tcl/TK. Thanks to
Ralf Ziomkowski TKAlbum now works under SuSE 8.1
- You can now start a browser to preview an HTML page
Version 0.7 (14-Oct-02)
- Group permissions and ownership for captions.txt
in sub-directories are now set correctly. Affects only
- There was an error message when copy & converting single
images (which was harmless, though)
- There was an error message about an undefined command
InstallationCheck when activating the Install Check option.
- You could not disable the Install Check, now you can.
- You could not generate strictly locally if there was no sub-dir
- For preview size 500 and bottom cropping, we could get
a range error
- When trying to delete files in the empty camera
directory, the camera was not unmounted
- When moving entries up or down, the picture
names were messed up (oops, that was serious)
- Basic locking mechanism to prohibit 2 programs and/or users working
simultaneously on the same profile and/or root album
Version 0.6b (02-Oct-02)
- Corrected an internal error when using old style
captions.txt (w/o renameable albums). Hope that the renaming
stuff works now without further hassles.
Version 0.6a (02-Oct-02)
- Disabling the Show directory option now really removes the
directories from the listing
- Found out how to give an album name to the current dir. Just
use the directory name (not ".") in captions.txt. So, now also the
local page gets the correct album name
- After NewAlbum, the directory is rescanned if we stay in the
- If no profile is selected, we won't try to write the current
profile (avoiding an error message)
- Added a new option to display album names in dir listing,
so now the album name (instead of the directory name) can be listed
Version 0.6 (01-Oct-02)
- More reasonable error messages when component programs have
not been installed
- Misunderstanding corrected: Cleanup in album is not an
additional process but an option to the generation. This
means that we added an appropriate action and integrate
the global option value into the album call.
- Installation check: Check whether all component programs are
there, whether the versions are right, and whether the temp
directory is writable; the test can be terminated early and
it can be disabled in the general option dialog
- Directories (other than ".", "..", and hidden directories)
can now be named.
- It is now possible to have more than one profile (and root
album), to generate and load new profiles, and to switch
between profiles. If one wants to get rid of a profile, this
has to be done externally, though. This feature makes shared
album maintenance easier as well because one can now also
- Now one is asked whether one wants to edit a file before it
is copied and converted. This is done only if a single file
is selected and only if the option Edit before "Copy &
Convert" is enabled
Version 0.5 (26-Sep-02)
- Alt-O (for open directory) was accidentally deleted in an
earlier version. Now you can again open an album with Alt-O.
- After changes to the Album options Only process known
images types and Do not hide dirs with ".", the directory
needs a rescan (because that also affects what is displayed)
- In order to avoid filenames starting with a dash, the
MakeFreshName procedure was modified. File names starting
with dash still cause trouble!
- Component licenses added in Help menu
- Now the cursor changes to the busy cursor even above text
- Made sure that "." and ".." do not get copied or moved
- Made sure that directories are not copied & converted
- Symlink warning integrated: If one changes into a directory
or generates a new one, we check now whether this has been
done following a symlink. In this case, a warning is given.
As usual, there is a switch to disable the warning.
- Symlink directories are now marked with [S] in the directory
- Thumbnail directories are marked with [T], provided they
- One can now type relative paths in the choose directory box
(even containing "." and "..")
- New option concerning thumbnail preview added: Adapt aspect
ratio of EXIF thumbnails. If this option is selected, the
aspect ration of the EXIF thumbnails is adapted to the image
aspect ration. Some cameras (as my Ricoh RR120) seem to need
this. Other cameras, such as the Sony Cybershot, use black
stripes in their thumbnails if the image ratio deviates from
the 4:3 ratio of the EXIF thumbnails.
- New actions in Album menu: hide/unhide current album
- non-images are now explicitly noticed and marked by a frown
symbol in the preview area
- when the album script encounters an error (marked by
[album]), this will be reported to the user
- Manual page added, which also can be viewed in TKAlbum
- New command: UpAlbum (Meta-u), goes one album up
- When moving one album up (regardless how), the current
directory becomes the selected entry in the new directory
- Change of album regeneration strategy:
- Now the preview shows how the thumbnail cropping affects the
picture (of course, it is an option)
- new mode: strictly local that affects only the directory
itself and no sub-directories (we use .no_album marker to
block regeneration of sub-albums)
- in local mode, we do not search for the next higher
album, but always start generation in the current one
- since I disable the cleanup by default, I will add an
action for cleanup
Version 0.4a (23-Sep-02)
- Just a few changes to the README file, inclusion of new
album version and of the album license & cleaned up
jhead directory (removed *.o)
Version 0.4 (21-Sep-02)
First version that was made public
- Thumbnail previews are now scaled to the preview size
- A number of things have been added to make the script
usable for other people
Version 0.3 (20-Sep-02)
- All menu commands and options implemented.
Version 0.2 (13-Sep-02)
- Rename, Move, Copy, Copy & Convert, Clear Copy
Marks, Delete, and Undelete in File menu
- All Jpeginfo menu entries implemented
Version 0.1 (09-Sep-02)
Basic functionality. Most of the file menu entries are not
implemented and none of the Jpeginfo entries are